Senior Monitoring Advisor
SoCha LLC provides independent, verifiable primary data to USAID’s Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA) and its partners regarding the outputs, outcomes, progress, quality, challenges, successes, and lessons learned from activities funded by BHA in Myanmar.
The project has the following objectives:
- Establish a process to collect, synthesize, and analyze various data concerning BHA-funded programs.
- Enhance BHA’s knowledge and oversight of ongoing programs through sharing of impartial, primary data.
- Support BHA’s implementing partners’ monitoring and oversight of ongoing programs via coordination and sharing of impartial, primary data.
- Expand BHA’s understanding of ongoing challenges and potential changes to Myanmar’s context with additional data and analysis.
SoCha is seeking a full-time, qualified individual to fill the role of Senior Monitoring Advisor (SMA). The SMA position will be based in Yangon and is contingent on USAID approval.
Scope of Work:
The Senior Monitoring Advisor (SMA) will provide technical direction to the project team on monitoring methodology and data analysis. S/he will serve as the technical lead for Objective 2 – Enhance BHA’s knowledge and oversight of ongoing programming through sharing of impartial, primary data as well as the Data Collection Lead. The SMA’s responsibilities will include:
Complementing the DCOP’s oversight of the monitoring plan by managing the implementation of the data collection process across the performance monitoring cycle.
- Serving as lead expert in developing and designing performance monitoring system(s)
- Managing and coordinating the overall approach to performance monitoring and provide technical assistance in developing Performance Monitoring Plans and Monitoring and Evaluation Plans.
Drawing heavily on the atmospheric and context data sources, plan and manage the Site Visit schedule, updating as the context changes, and adapting to adjustments in requirements.
Overseeing the implementation of TPM field teams with quality assurance supervision and quality control procedures to ensure high quality data is collected.
Serve as the primary author of BHA and IP monthly reports, while taking guidance from the DCOP to ensure these monthly reports are more conducive to quarterly syntheses.
Serve as the day-to-day POC with SoCha’s site visit resource partners.
Required Skills, Education, and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree with at least eight (8) years of progressively responsible experience related to the subject matter OR an advanced degree (Masters or higher) with four (4) years of experience.
- Experience providing technical support to TPM projects, M&E support projects, and/or large-scale evaluations.
- Experience conducting quantitative and qualitative field research in an overseas environment and/or in conflict zones or complex emergencies.
- Experience designing and/or facilitating staff trainings and/or experience supporting capacity building projects in a humanitarian, development, or transition context.
- Experience working in sensitive contexts where an understanding of gender and social inclusion and familiarity with or experience in Protection programming including work responding to gender-based violence.
- Experience working on programs implemented in Myanmar is highly desirable.
- Fluent in Burmese and/or other languages spoken in Myanmar and have strong oral and written communication skills in English.
How to apply:
To submit your application, kindly provide your CV using the form provided below.
Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and the position is open for immediate commencement.
Position will remain open until a suitable candidate has been identified.
"*" indicates required fields