Senior M&E Specialist
SoCha has an expanding profile of donor-funded monitoring, evaluation, and learning projects across Asia and seeks to staff senior and mid-level monitoring and evaluation (M&E) and collaboration, learning, and adaptation (CLA) specialists to support these projects in the near term.
Scope of Work
SoCha seeks a highly qualified Senior M&E/CLA Specialist to provide continuous monitoring, evaluation, collaboration, learning, and adaptation services, advice, and support to a USAID project. The Senior M&E/CLA Specialist will work on SoCha’s monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) team, under subcontract to the prime implementer of the USAID project.
The Senior M&E/CLA Specialist will work under the direction of SoCha’s M&E/CLA Advisor.
- Collaborate within SoCha’s MEL team under the project to provide high quality, timely delivery of innovative and compliant MEL services, support project learning and adaptation, and inform project performance management.
- Support development and manage the implementation of the project’s USAID activity monitoring, evaluation, and learning plan (AMELP), including the identification of project outcomes, related performance indicators, context indicators, monitoring approach and methodology, beneficiary feedback mechanisms, plans for baselines, targets, and related indicator definitions – performance indicator reference sheets (PIRS).
- Define and manage processes and methods for monitoring project performance and analyzing outcomes from project interventions.
- Develop and deliver training modules and support the project implementation team to collect appropriate data on project interventions, in alignment with the AMELP and USAID monitoring guidelines.
- Scope, plan, coordinate, manage, and execute data collection services, desk reviews, surveys, qualitative interviews, and focus groups; and compile and utilize secondary data analyses.
- Lead analysis and synthesis of both project data and analytical reports, evaluations, and assessments to communicate project outcomes and context information to project stakeholders to inform project learning and adaptation.
- Lead project reporting processes, incorporating beneficiary feedback and implementation data.
- Contribute to the development of the project’s learning agenda, address knowledge gaps, and help the project understand outcomes related to project activities.
- Collaborate with the project team and stakeholders to incorporate external, independent research to address project learning agenda questions and knowledge gaps, informing implementation.
- Support regular and ad-hoc learning and reflection sessions and other learning exercises with the project team and stakeholders to spotlight effective delivery approaches and course correct where necessary.
- Guide and support learning activities, including sensemaking, validation, and dissemination workshops to support evaluations, assessments, and analyses, and collaborate with project team members on the same.
- Provide technical advice to project team and key stakeholders on project-related qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methods analytical studies and activities.
- Other duties as appropriate related to achieving the M&E and CLA objectives of the project.
Minimum qualifications and experience
- 8 years of experience working in an M&E/CLA capacity, preferably in southeast Asia.
- Experience developing and implementing USAID-funded activity monitoring, evaluation, and learning plans (AMELPs).
- Experience monitoring community grants, community engagement, and other grants distribution projects.
- Experience designing data collection protocols and leading data collection processes, including surveys, qualitative interviews, and focus groups.
- Experience analyzing project data and drafting reports documenting project outcomes and challenges.
- Ability to think critically regarding project theories of change, assumptions, and knowledge gaps to develop useful learning agenda which inform project leadership and stakeholder decision-making.
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills; ability to draft organized and succinct reports in English with minimal errors.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment; ability to effectively communicate with high level external stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in international development, social sciences, or a related field.
Place of Performance
Location to be determined in south or southeast Asia.
Period of Performance
Full time position for the project duration, subject to availability of funding, following an initial probation period .
The Senior M&E/CLA Specialist will report directly to SoCha’s M&E/CLA Advisor and work collaboratively as a member of the project team under the overall direction of the project’s Chief of Party or designee.
How to apply
To submit your application, kindly provide your CV using the form provided below.
Position will remain open until a suitable candidate has been identified.