Senior Accountant (DRC)
SoCha (a portmanteau of Social and Change) is an independent Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (ME&L) firm that provides bespoke solutions to social challenges. We are a veteran-owned small business, registered in the United States, and headquartered in Mauritius. SoCha is structured to be nimble and flexible, where we can rapidly respond to evaluative and analytical requests globally and have a well-established network across Africa and Asia. Since our inception in 2010, we have grown from a consortium of globally recognized experts who specialize in evaluating the effectiveness of development assistance, to a full-fledged ME&L services firm that specializes in advancing innovative methodologies and changing the way donors find solutions to social problems.
SoCha, LLC is preparing a response to USAID/Democratic Republic of Congo’s (DRC) EVAL ME II – Mission Strategic Support Program (MSSP) Activity. SoCha is looking for qualified individuals to fill the role of Senior Accountant.
Scope of Work
The Senior Accountant position will report to the Finance and Administration Manager and will be responsible for all accounting functions of the project.
- Account for all project expenditures in QuickBooks
- Ensure that financial policies are followed.
- Use QuickBooks accounting software to monitor actual expenditure against budget
- Ensure the timely submission of high-quality financial reports, for internal and external audiences.
- Oversee payroll and preparation of social charges for staff each month
- Maintain current and accurate bank balances
- Reconcile all project bank and cash accounts at the end of every month
- Prepare monthly financial field reports
- Maintain a system for documents and records management, including electronic and physical filing of all financial documentation
- ACCA, CIMA, CA or Accounting Degree
- Minimum of 5 years accounting work experience
- Minimum of 3 years work experience with USAID Implementing Partners in an accounting position
- Advance QuickBooks and excel skills
- Good communications skills
Kinshasa – Democratic Republic of Congo
How to apply:
To lodge an application, please lodge CV via the form below.
Applications close on 2 March 2021 application review will be on a rolling basis