Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialists (Sahel)
SoCha (a portmanteau of Social and Change) is an independent Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (ME&L) firm that provides bespoke solutions to social challenges. We are a veteran-owned small business, registered in the United States, and headquartered in Mauritius. SoCha is structured to be nimble and flexible, where we can rapidly respond to evaluative and analytical requests globally and have a well-established network across Africa and Asia. Since our inception in 2010, we have grown from a consortium of globally recognized experts who specialize in evaluating the effectiveness of development assistance, to a full-fledged ME&L services firm that specializes in advancing innovative methodologies and changing the way donors find solutions to social problems.
SoCha, LLC is preparing a response for an anticipated USAID/Senegal and Sahel Regional Office (SRO) call for monitoring, evaluation, collaboration and learning support to USAID resilience programming in the Sahel region, targeting Niger and Burkina Faso. To provide quality MEL services, we seek a qualified Organizational Learning and Knowledge Management Advisor to lead research, learning, capacity building, CLA, facilitation, training, knowledge management, and organizational development.
Scope of Work
The Organizational Learning and Knowledge Management Advisor position will likely report directly to the Chief of Party and interface with SoCha’s home office. Exact reporting lines will depend on the final proposal delivered to USAID. The position is likely to be based in Niger. Local and International hires are welcome to apply.
Illustrative Functions of the Position
- Facilitate and coordinate events to promote learning and collaboration within the Mission, government stakeholders, and development clients;
- Oversee event planning, facilitation and support to collaboration and networking within Mission staff, IPs and development stakeholders, including coordination of communities-of-practice meetings;
- Develop, improve and adapt learning tools and practices, and ensure learning informs future adaptions.
- Develop learning products from assessments and evaluations, and produce syntheses documents.
- Lead CLA activities, coaching individuals and teams CLA integration into team culture;
- Collaborate with technical offices to identify and address gaps in technical evidence base and programmatic knowledge through learning activities;
- Lead implementation of programs to integrate knowledge sharing throughout the project, within the Mission and with external stakeholders;
- Oversee the development of knowledge sharing platforms through websites, eLearning, and social media;
- Develop training resources and reinforce knowledge management practices;
- Oversee and maintain information access and dissemination for efficient decision-making;
- Facilitate knowledge exchange, collaboration, learning and capacity building within the Mission, other USG agencies, IPs, international development partners, governments, and the private sector.
Minimum qualifications and experience
- Master’s Degree or higher in one or more fields related to organizational learning or development assistance such as public, business or development administration, knowledge management, political science, economics, development studies or closely related, inter-disciplinary fields;
- 10 years of progressive, professional-level experience in organizational or action learning, development and/or knowledge management;
- Exceptional communications and interpersonal skills, including digital/remote communication, written, in-person/presentation, and facilitation skills applied within multi-cultural contexts;
- Experience applying knowledge management theory, practice, tools and technologies;
- Experience with monitoring and evaluation within complex international development contexts, in support of resilience, health, economic growth, agriculture and/or democracy and governance programming;
- Proven competence in client relationship management, strategic thinking, innovation and effective communication;
- Oral and written communication and presentations skills in French and English.
Niger and Burkina Faso
How to apply:
To lodge an application, please lodge CV via the form below.
Applications close on 2 March 2021 application review will be on a rolling basis