SoCha has an expanding profile of donor-funded monitoring, evaluation, and learning projects across Asia and seeks to staff senior and mid-level monitoring and evaluation (M&E) and collaboration, learning, and adaptation (CLA) specialists to support these projects in the near term.
The M&E/CLA Officer will work under the direction of SoCha’s M&E/CLA Advisor.
Scope of Work
SoCha seeks a highly qualified M&E/CLA Officer to provide continuous monitoring, evaluation, collaboration, learning, and adaptation services and support to a USAID project. The M&E/CLA Officer will work on SoCha’s monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) team, under subcontract to the prime implementer of the USAID project.
- Collaborate within SoCha’s MEL team under the project to provide high quality, timely delivery of innovative and compliant MEL services, support project learning and adaptation, and inform project performance management.
- Support the implementation of the project’s USAID activity monitoring, evaluation, and learning plan (AMELP), collecting and analyzing data related to project outcomes, performance indicators, context indicators, and beneficiary feedback.
- Monitor project performance and analyze outcomes from project interventions.
- Support training modules for project implementation team on data collection methodologies which adhere to the project’s AMELP and USAID guidelines.
- Coordinate and execute data collection services, desk reviews, surveys, qualitative interviews, and focus groups; and compile and utilize secondary data analyses.
- Compile, clean, and organize project data, including from beneficiary feedback mechanisms; draft reports based on qualitative and quantitative findings.
- Analyze project data and create charts, graphs, interactive visualizations, and data dashboards to communicate project results and insights.
- Synthesize findings, conclusions, and insights from analytical reports, evaluations, and assessments.
- Support the project’s learning agenda to address knowledge gaps and understand the outcomes of project interventions.
- Support project learning and reflection sessions.
- Support project reporting, knowledge sharing, dissemination, and communication related to project MEL.
- Other duties as appropriate related to achieving the M&E and CLA objectives of the project.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- 4 years of experience working in an M&E/CLA capacity, preferably in Southeast Asia.
- Experience developing performance indicators and implementing project monitoring, evaluation, and learning plans for USAID-funded projects.
- Experience monitoring community grants, community engagement, and other grants distribution projects.
- Experience conducting data collection, including surveys, qualitative interviews, and focus groups.
- Experience analyzing project data and drafting reports documenting project outcomes and challenges.
- Ability to think critically regarding project theories of change, assumptions, and knowledge gaps.
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in international development, social sciences, or a related field.
Place of Performance
Location to be determined in south or southeast Asia.
Period of Performance
Full time position for the project duration, subject to availability of funding, following an initial probation period.
The M&E/CLA Officer will report directly to SoCha’s M&E/CLA Advisor and work collaboratively as a member of the project team under the overall direction of the project’s Chief of Party or designee.
How to Apply
To submit your application, kindly provide your CV using the form provided below.
Position will remain open until a suitable candidate has been identified.