Logistics, Procurement and Operations Specialists (DRC)
SoCha (a portmanteau of Social and Change) is an independent Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (ME&L) firm that provides bespoke solutions to social challenges. We are a veteran-owned small business, registered in the United States, and headquartered in Mauritius. SoCha is structured to be nimble and flexible, where we can rapidly respond to evaluative and analytical requests globally and have a well-established network across Africa and Asia. Since our inception in 2010, we have grown from a consortium of globally recognized experts who specialize in evaluating the effectiveness of development assistance, to a full-fledged ME&L services firm that specializes in advancing innovative methodologies and changing the way donors find solutions to social problems.
SoCha, LLC is preparing a response to USAID/Democratic Republic of Congo’s (DRC) EVAL ME II – Mission Strategic Support Program (MSSP) Activity. SoCha is looking for qualified individuals to fill the roles of Logistics, Operations and Procurement Specialists.
Scope of Work
Logistics & Procurement
- Oversee all logistical and procurement activities on the project, support, and follow-up on procurements, and ensure compliance with relevant procedures related to travel, as well as aligning with SoCha and USAID policies and regulations.
- Plan and support all logistics for MEL activities, and other project activities.
- Ensure effective operations by coordinating with drivers, venues, suppliers, activity- specific logisticians, etc.
- Mobilize personnel and consultants by arranging travel and accommodation.
- Maintain and update the project’s calendar of activities.
- Coordinate and ensure provision of procurement support for all project activities.
- Collaborate with technical and program teams and staff to draft contracts with vendors and service providers related to logistical.
- Draft Requests for Quotations/Proposals, coordinate proposal reviews, and write selection memos in accordance with USAID and SoCha LLC policies.
- Foster and manage all relationships with vendors and service providers and ensure compliance with the terms of their contracts or service agreements.
- Oversee the drivers on the project and ensure all logbooks and requirements are maintained
Oversee all operations activities on the project, support, and follow-up on procurements, and ensure compliance with relevant procedures related to travel, as well as aligning with SoCha and USAID policies and regulations.
Coordinate and ensure provision of administrative support for all project activities
Oversee the administrative staff on the project, as well as the day-to-day running of the office
The tasks outlined above are indicative, but not exhaustive for the role and other tasks may be assigned by supervisor, the COP or their designee.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years of experience serving in a related position, overseeing logistics and procurement
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and Excel.
- Experience in conducting comparative cost analyses.
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID procurement rules and regulations.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to organize, manage, prioritize, and follow through on multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Proven capacity to take initiative and willingness to learn new skills as needed.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Experience in negotiating vendor contracts (including price levels, terms of delivery, etc.)
Kinshasa or Goma– Democratic Republic of Congo
How to apply:
To lodge an application, please lodge CV via the form below.
Applications close on 2 March 2021 application review will be on a rolling basis