Finance and Administration Manager
SoCha LLC provides independent, verifiable primary data to USAID’s Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA) and its partners regarding the outputs, outcomes, progress, quality, challenges, successes, and lessons learned from activities funded by BHA in Myanmar.
The project has the following objectives:
- Establish a process to collect, synthesize, and analyze various data concerning BHA-funded programs.
- Enhance BHA’s knowledge and oversight of ongoing programs through sharing of impartial, primary data.
- Support BHA’s implementing partners’ monitoring and oversight of ongoing programs via coordination and sharing of impartial, primary data.
- Expand BHA’s understanding of ongoing challenges and potential changes to Myanmar’s context with additional data and analysis.
SoCha is seeking a full-time, qualified Finance and Administration Manager. The position will be based in Yangon.
*** Experienced Burmese citizen and resident Finance Managers are encouraged to apply ***
Scope of Work:
The Finance and Administration Manager position will report directly to the Chief of Party and regularly interface with SoCha’s home office. They are responsible for the effective implementation of the project, ensuring the following processes are in place and optimized: human resources, financial management, contracts and operational policies and procedures.
Illustrative Functions of the Position
- Oversee project finance, procurement, and administration.
- Coordinate and support procurement procedures and administrative support for all project activities, including support to all logistics for Third-party monitoring (TPM) activities, and other project activities.
- Maintain reliable and accurate accounting records for the project.
- Produce monthly field reports for SoCha’s home office.
- Develop financial reports for USAID, including quarterly accrual reports.
- Review and verify the accuracy of monthly invoices.
- Develop annual revenue projections.
- Analyze budgeted-to-actual expenditures and “burn rate”.
- Oversee a team of approximately three staff that work on finance and administration, operations and human resources, and logistics and office administration.
- Oversee monthly payroll and preparation of social charges and tax remittances for staff.
- Ensure compliance with US Government, USAID, and SoCha policies and procedures for finance, procurement, and human resources.
- Ensure compliance with local labor laws.
- Provide senior-level oversight of field team operations, ensuring safety standards are met.
- Troubleshoot operational challenges as they arise relating to technical activities expected in the delivery of this contract, and
The tasks outlined above are indicative, but not exhaustive for the role and other tasks may be assigned by supervisor, the Chief of Party (COP) or their designee.
Minimum qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (finance, accounting, business, or a related degree).
- 5+ years’ experience managing finances for donor-funded projects.
- Experience overseeing project budgets.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Burmese.
- Advanced knowledge of various software packages including MS Excel and Word, and QuickBooks.
- Knowledge of local payroll and benefits.
- Experience overseeing the finance and accounting of USAID-funded activities preferred, and
- English language proficiency.
How to apply:
To submit your application, kindly provide your CV using the form provided below.
Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and the position is open for immediate commencement.
Position will remain open until a suitable candidate has been identified.
"*" indicates required fields