Finance and Administration Manager (DRC)
SoCha (a portmanteau of Social and Change) is an independent Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (ME&L) firm that provides bespoke solutions to social challenges. We are a veteran-owned small business, registered in the United States, and headquartered in Mauritius. SoCha is structured to be nimble and flexible, where we can rapidly respond to evaluative and analytical requests globally and have a well-established network across Africa and Asia. Since our inception in 2010, we have grown from a consortium of globally recognized experts who specialize in evaluating the effectiveness of development assistance, to a full-fledged ME&L services firm that specializes in advancing innovative methodologies and changing the way donors find solutions to social problems.
SoCha, LLC is preparing a response to USAID/Democratic Republic of Congo’s (DRC) EVAL ME II – Mission Strategic Support Program (MSSP) Activity. SoCha is looking for qualified individuals to fill the role of Finance and Administration Manager.
Scope of Work
The Finance and Administration Manager position will report directly to the Chief of Party and interface with SoCha’s home office. Local and International hires are welcome to apply.
Illustrative Functions of the Position
- Oversee project finance, procurement, and administration;
- Maintain reliable and accurate accounting records for the project;
- Produce monthly field reports for SoCha’s home office;
- Develop financial reports for USAID, including quarterly accrual reports;
- Review and verify the accuracy of monthly invoices;
- Develop annual revenue projections;
- Analyze budgeted-to-actual expenditures and “burn rate”;
- Oversee a team of approximately three staff that work on finance and administration, operations and human resources, and logistics and office administration;
- Oversee monthly payroll and preparation of social charges and tax remittances for staff;
- Retain and maintain financial records;
- Ensure compliance with US Government, USAID, and SoCha policies and procedures for finance, procurement, and human resources; and
- Ensure compliance with labor laws.
- Provide senior-level oversight of field team operations, ensuring safety standards are met.
- Work with Operations Team to arrange transport, IT, and communication services as needed for task order assignments.
- Troubleshoot operational challenges as they arise relating to MEL and verification activities expected in the delivery of this contract.
- Build capacity of partner institutions to meet US Government standards of finance, administration, and operational capacity.
Minimum qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree (finance, accounting, business, or a related degree);
- 5+ years’ experience managing finances for donor-funded projects;
- Experience overseeing project budgets;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Knowledge of MS Excel and Word;
- Experience with QuickBooks software; and
- Knowledge of payroll and benefits.
- Experience overseeing the finance and accounting of USAID-funded activities preferred.
- French and English language proficiency.
Kinshasa – Democratic Republic of Congo
How to apply:
To lodge an application, please lodge CV via the form below.
Applications close on 2 March 2021 application review will be on a rolling basis