MEL Specialists (DRC)
SoCha, LLC is preparing a response to USAID/Democratic Republic of Congo’s (DRC) call for MEL services under its expected Monitoring, Evaluation, Coordination Contract – Deux (MECC-2). To provide quality MEL services, we seek qualified MEL professionals across the Central Africa (specifically DRC, Republic of Congo, Central African Republic, and Gabon) at the senior, mid, and assistant levels to include in our consultant and long-term technical assistance provider database.
Scope of Work
Illustrative Functions of the Position
Exact reporting relationships will depend on the program design that SoCha delivers. Positions would frequently report directly to a Chief of Party, Project Director, Senior Technical Advisor, or similar position.
The MEL Specialist will work with USAID/DRC’s program and technical offices to:
- Optimize evaluation statements of work;
- Select evaluation methodologies;
- Oversee evaluations in any sector where USAID works;
- Provide MEL support to USAID and its implementing partners;
- Provide dedicated capacity building assistance in MEL operations and quality assurance;
- Conduct MEL trainings;
- Advise USAID and implementing partners on their MEL plans;
- Lead data quality assessments;
- Participate in Mission portfolio reviews;
- Oversee the advancement of learning agendas and evidence that improves USAID’s programs;
- Contribute data and insight from evaluations at learning events; and
- Provide other MEL technical support as needed.
We are Actively Seeking the CVs of Specialists with Experience in One or More of the Following Areas to be added to our pool of consultants for future opportunities, on both short and long term contracts:
Performance Monitoring, including:
- Developing performance monitoring plans
- Designing and optimizing quantitative and qualitative indicators for international development projects
- Designing or conducting performance or impact evaluations
- Mixing qualitative and quantitative methods
- Applying evaluation results to inform future programming
- Collecting and analyzing performance and financial data
- Developing GIS maps
- Data visualization
Capacity Building in MEL
- Training monitoring and evaluation (M&E) professionals
- Coaching and mentoring local organizations in M&E methodologies
- Working with country evaluation associations to professionalize MEL
Collaboration, Learning, and Adapting
- Coordinating with stakeholders
- Hosting learning events for international development partners
- Building institutional capacity and memory
- Incentivizing learning and sharing
- Facilitating learning events
In addition to the categories above, subject matter expertise and research experience in the following sectors is also sought:
- Peace and Security;
- Democracy, Human Rights, and Governance;
- Basic Health, Healthy Systems Strengthening, Epidemiology, and Service Provision in Conflict and Disaster-Prone Contexts;
- Economic Growth;
- Humanitarian and Disaster Assistance;
- Forestry, Biodiversity, Conservation; and
- Extractives Management
Minimum qualifications and experience
- An understanding of international development sectors (Education; Peace and Security; Democracy, Human Rights, and Governance; Health; Economic Growth; Food Security; Disaster Assistance; and Environment) or cross-cutting themes (gender, OVC, youth, etc.)
- French and English language proficiency. Must be able to write clearly in both French and English.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- For Senior-level, an advanced degree and 7+ years experience with directly related experience in one or more of the areas outlined above (performance monitoring, evaluation, data management, capacity building, and/or learning).
- For mid-level, a university qualification in a related subject and between 3-7 years of directly related experience.
- For assistant level, a university qualification with demonstrated experience coordinating research or evaluation tasks, providing management consultation services in the international development industry, or organizing formal training programs.
- All openings will require a Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Prior experience working with USAID preferred (including on USAID-funded work)
- National citizens of the relevant countries with the above skills are encouraged to apply
- Experience with USAID’s program cycle, CLA (collaborating, learning, and adapting) approach, or knowledge management preferred.
The Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of Congo, Gabon and Central African Republic
How to apply:
To lodge an application, please lodge CV via the form below.
Applications close on 2 March 2021.