Deputy Chief of Party
SoCha LLC provides independent, verifiable primary data to USAID’s Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA) and its partners regarding the outputs, outcomes, progress, quality, challenges, successes, and lessons learned from activities funded by BHA in Myanmar.
The project has the following objectives:
- Establish a process to collect, synthesize, and analyse various data concerning BHA-funded programs.
- Enhance BHA’s knowledge and oversight of ongoing programs through sharing of impartial, primary data.
- Support BHA’s implementing partners’ monitoring and oversight of ongoing programs via coordination and sharing of impartial, primary data.
- Expand BHA’s understanding of ongoing challenges and potential changes to Myanmar’s context with additional data and analysis.
SoCha is seeking a full-time, qualified individual to fill the role of Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP).
The DCOP position will be based in Yangon and is contingent on funding.
Suitable skilled Burmese citizens and residents are encouraged to apply.
Scope of Work:
The DCOP will lead the overall technical direction and implementation to the project team on monitoring methodology and data analysis. S/he will establish the processes on managing and analyzing data concerning BHA-funded programs. Additionally, the DCOP will be responsible for expanding BHA’s understanding of ongoing challenges and potential changes in Myanmar’s context with additional data and analysis. S/he will also ensure the integrity of data and that the overall monitoring system’s design will yield high quality data and deliverables that represent the outcomes of sound, ethical, and verifiable data collection and analysis.
The DCOP will have the following responsibilities:
- Be the primary person tasked with ensuring the oversight of the monitoring plan, ensuring that its design is in line with the objectives of the project.
- Oversee the creation of methodologies and data collection tools, including approaches to monitoring gender gaps.
- Lead engagement with implementing partners.
- Lead the establish the Training Plan in addition to overseeing resource partners’ tasks to create, update, and revise the relevant training modules and tools.
- Design and serve as the focal point for the Data Analysis Plan.
- Oversee the scoping and mobilization of the appropriate resources for all technical activities.
- Scope and design context monitoring approaches.
- Oversee the Communication and Partnership Advisor’s engagement with IPs.
- Serve as acting COP when appropriate.
Required Skills, Education, and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in international affairs, a social science, or a related field and at least eight (8) years of progressive experience in the project subject matter OR a Master’s degree in international affairs, a social science, or a related field and at least four (4) years of progressive experience in the project subject matter.
- For those with eight (8) years of experience, s/he must have at least five (5) years of experience managing teams and at least two (2) years of experience working on complex humanitarian emergencies.
- For those with four (4) years of experience, s/he must have at least three (3) years of experience managing teams and at least two (2) years of experience working on complex humanitarian emergencies.
- Relevant experience providing technical support to Third-Party Monitoring (TPM) projects, M&E support projects, or evaluations.
- Experience designing and/or facilitating staff trainings and/or experience supporting capacity building projects in a humanitarian, development, or transition context.
- Experience conducting quantitative and qualitative field research in conflict zones and/or complex humanitarian emergencies.
- Experience working in sensitive contexts with an understanding of gender and social inclusion, and familiarity with or experience in protection programming including gender-based violence response.
- Strong analytic, interpersonal, and team management skills.
- Experience working on programs implemented in Myanmar is highly desirable.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Burmese and/or other languages spoken in Myanmar.
How to apply:
To submit your application, kindly provide your CV using the form provided below.
Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and the position is open for immediate commencement.
Position will remain open until a suitable candidate has been identified.
"*" indicates required fields