Scope of Work:
The Corporate Accountant will support the finance function across SoCha’s diverse portfolio of projects. The
Corporate Accountant will report to the Financial Controller and will be responsible for the following accounting functions:
- Preparing journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Managing fixed assets register and intercompany transactions.
- Reviewing and tracking project budgets, contracts, and modifications.
- Reconciling project accounts and resolving any discrepancies.
- Monitoring project costs and assisting in the generation of project invoices.
- Maintaining a system for the management of documents and records.
- Other corporate accounting tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in accounting (experience working with USAID implementing partners preferred).
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or equivalent certification.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Proficiency with accounting software and Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to maintain a system for the management of documents and records.
- Applicants based in Kenya, South Africa, and Mauritius preferred.
- Professional proficiency in English required, other languages beneficial.
The successful candidate can work remotely, with the core working hours being 8am – 5pm East African time.
How to apply:
To apply, please upload your CV and complete the form below.