SoCha LLC is preparing a response to provide Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) services to USAID/Tanzania. The proposed objectives of the MEL Support Platform Activity are to assist the Mission with strategy and activity level performance monitoring, evaluation, and learning, including conducting data gathering and verification, data visualization (including Geographic Information Systems), data quality assessments, impact and performance evaluations, assessments, organizational learning, and collaboration among USAID’s technical offices and implementing partners. The MEL Support Platform will also implement a capacity building agenda for the Mission, developing a baseline of M&E knowledge within the Mission and tailoring and curriculum to provide skills development to Mission staff.
SoCha is seeking full-time, qualified individuals to fill the role of Collaboration, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) Specialist. The CLA Specialist position is full-time, based in Dar es Salaam and is contingent on funding.
Scope of Work:
Illustrative Functions of the Position
Qualifications and Experience:
- Track progress on the Mission-wide CLA Plan and support its implementation.
- Review Implementing Partner (IP) Activity CLA Plans at the request of COR/AORs.
- Lead CLA Capacity Building/Training activities for Mission staff, IPs and other Mission. stakeholders (e.g., local development organizations [LDOs]). This includes supporting curriculum and materials development and facilitating the activities.
- Facilitate Pause & Reflect activities and After-Action Reviews (AARs).
- Work with USAID to coordinate the CLA Champions group meetings and share new and timely CLA resources with them.
- Lead on CLA Case Study development, conducting information collection and knowledge capture activities and drafting knowledge products.
- Work with the SoCha technical team to advise on Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning for Adaptive Management (MEL4AM) approaches.
- Support knowledge capture and exit interviews of departing Mission staff.
- Support development of learning agendas, implementation of the learning activities included in the learning agendas (including learning events) and track progress.
- Support data analysis on CLA index and other OD-related AMELP indicators.
- Coordinate status updates on Mission Office goal progress.
- Event management of Mission commissioned events.
- General facilitation and rapporteur support.
- Master’s degree in organizational, communications, social sciences, business management or a related field.
- At least 5 years of experience with event management, facilitation, CLA, organizational learning, adaptive management, change management, monitoring and evaluation, communications and/or knowledge management in the private sector or international development sector.
- Strong facilitation skills with experience designing and delivering learning events, meetings, and trainings.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with local professionals, international donor organizations, civil society and private sector, host country government counterparts, and other implementing partners in developing countries.
- Professional communication skills and strong proficiency in written and spoken English.
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania with travel in the country at times.