Chief of Party (COP) and Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP)
Expression of Interest – Ethiopia
SoCha, LLC is an independent Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) firm researching solutions to the world’s most intractable challenges. We are a veteran-owned small business, registered in the United States, and headquartered in Mauritius—an IT hub for the Global South. SoCha is structured to provide same-day responsiveness to our client’s in Africa and Asia, as well as provide thought leadership for strategy development, program design, and management in underdeveloped operating environments. Since opening in 2010, we have grown from a consortium of globally recognized experts who specialize in evaluating the effectiveness of development assistance, to a full-fledged MEL services provider that advances innovative methodologies changing the way donors and implementers apply solutions to social challenges.
SoCha, LLC is preparing a response for USAID/Ethiopia’s upcoming opportunity for MEL and Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) services under its expected Highlands Resilience Platform for Adaptive Learning (R-PAL) Activity. The R-PAL mechanism will include platforms and processes that streamline collaboration, communication, and knowledge management for over 25+ USAID partners working to increase household and community resilience to shocks in the Highlands regions of Ethiopia. The primary purpose is to lead learning within USAID’s Transitioning into Graduation through Enhanced Resilience (TIGER) Project.
SoCha is looking for qualified individuals to fill the roles of Chief of Party and Deputy Chief of Party. Candidates may be nominated as Key Personnel as part of the bid process and onboarded on successful contract award to SoCha and donor approval.
Scope of Work
Illustrative Functions of the Position
The Chief of Party (COP) will run the MEL project. He or she will work with the relevant USAID mission in country of project.
- Lead client relations with USAID’s program office, technical offices, and front office;
- Set the strategic and tactical direction of the MEL project;
- Oversee the execution and delivery of technical MEL and CLA work under the contract;
- Oversee the project’s financial and administrative operations;
- Assure the quality of the services provided under the contract;
- Ensure compliance with the terms of the contract, including the timely submission of quality deliverables including work plans, the MEL plan, evaluations and assessments, and financial reports;
- Meet with the USAID Contract Officer’s Representative to collaboratively coordinate priorities and work;
- Coordinate with SoCha’s home office as required; and
- Champion process improvement, change, and capacity enhancements in MEL.
Minimum qualifications and experience
- A Masters degree or higher.
- 5+ years of experience working internationally (preferably in sub-Saharan Africa and Ethiopia in particular).
- Experience working on USAID-funded projects.
- Proven experience managing multi-year, multi-million dollar projects.
- Understanding of how MEL and CLA improve USAID’s programs.
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English.
- Demonstrated experience liaising with high-level private and public sector representatives.
- Proven ability to respond quickly to newly emergent tasks.
- Demonstrated experience with adaptive management.
- COP –
- 10+ years of experience working on donor-funded projects.
- 5+ years demonstrated experience managing multicultural and diverse teams, with strong interpersonal skills.
- DCOP –
- 8+ years of experience working on donor-funded projects.
- 5+ years demonstratable experience managing teams on MEL activities.
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia (anticipated)
How to apply:
To lodge an application, please lodge CV via the form below.
Applications close 7 March 2021.