Application Development Specialist
SoCha LLC provides independent verification of Humanitarian Assistance regarding the outputs, outcomes, progress, quality, challenges, successes, and lessons learned in Myanmar.
Our work has the following objectives:
- Establish a process to collect, synthesize, and analyse various data concerning humanitarian assistance programs.
- Support humanitarian assistance implementing partners’ monitoring and oversight of ongoing programs via coordination and sharing of impartial, primary data.
- Expand understanding of ongoing challenges and potential changes to Myanmar’s context with additional data and analysis.
SoCha is seeking a full-time, qualified individual to fill the role of Capacity Building Specialist. The position will be based in Yangon.
Experienced Burmese citizen and resident Application Development Specialists are encouraged to apply.
Scope of Work
The Application Development Specialist (ADS) will serve as the connecting point between SoCha’s app development team and field data collection team to ensure Third Party Monitoring (TPM) field teams have the necessary skillsets to conduct effective TPM.
Both remotely and in person, S/he will also:
- Supervise the app development project scope, schedule, and resources.
- Design the app integration tests and user acceptance tests.
- Diagnose and resolve app-related problems in collaboration with the development team.
- Act as the lead trained trainer on the use of mobile data collection tools and safety protocols.
- Train field data collectors in using data collection mobile apps.
- Measure training effectiveness and demonstrating that capacity was built through the training.
- Facilitate debriefs with field monitors on qualitative and participatory observations, and author these findings into brief reports.
- Periodically administer app knowledge scans of TPM teams.
- Advise when teams require additional guidance, refresher training, and other adjustments.
Minimum qualifications and experience
- An advanced degree in international development, public administration, organizational development, or a relevant field.
- Experience conducting in-person and remote training of field data collectors and/or enumerators in survey data collection using mobile apps.
- Experience training users on mobile applications.
- Experience with managing software development projects using project lifecycle, milestones and epics.
- Experience with mobile apps testing and quality assurance.
- Experience debriefing field monitors and/or data collectors on qualitative and participatory observations in addition to translating these findings into brief reports.
- Fluency in English and Burmese required; additional languages of Myanmar are an advantage.
- Excellent collaboration, management, and communication skills.
How to apply
To submit your application, kindly provide your CV using the form provided below.
Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and the position is open for immediate commencement.
Position will remain open until a suitable candidate has been identified.
"*" indicates required fields